iPhones are advertised for their privacy. So, can you still access someone’s iPhone remotely and keep their information? Yes, it is possible, and there are even ethical ways to do it. A hacker accessing your iPhone remotely can see your OTPs, passwords, subscriptions, iCloud information, etc. Fortunately, there are ways to eliminate such hackers and tell if someone is accessing your iPhone remotely.
Signs that someone is accessing your iPhone remotely
Here are the signs that your iPhone has been hacked and someone is accessing your iPhone remotely.
- Your iPhone uses a lot of data even if you don’t use it much. You can check its data consumption – go to mobile Settings > Later on The Cellular or mobile Data option here.
- This can happen due to many unknown emails, notifications and messages, other reasons such as your email or phone number for data leakage; If that happens to you, it’s time to double-check your privacy.
- Your password has been changed and you have not started it. It is obvious if your social media accounts or passwords stored on your iPhone have been changed, this is a clear sign that someone has accessed your iPhone.
- Abnormal battery drain.
- Unexpected shutdowns.
- Change settings you don’t start with.
If your iPhone is accessed remotely, you can see these significant changes. However, there are many more signs that your iPhone has been hacked. But I have mentioned some important ones in this article.
So, what is the solution? Let’s talk about solutions…
5 Solutions: How to Tell If Someone Is Remotely Accessing Your iPhone
#1. Check the logged in devices
On an iPhone, you can check how many devices your Apple ID is signed in to. You will get a list of devices that can access your Apple account.
1. First, you can Go to settings Will and then Tap your name.
2. Scroll down and you will see the devices that can access your Apple account.
Now, if you find any unauthorized devices, you need to remove them by tapping on the device name.
#2. Unknown Face ID or Touch ID
The next thing you can check is the unknown Face ID or Touch ID. If your device has some unknown Touch ID or Face ID, you can remove them. These biometric openings are used everywhere throughout the system.
For example, downloading an app or unlocking a device using a saved login and password. This is a great method to know if someone is accessing your iPhone remotely.
Steps for Face ID iPhone –
- First, go to do systems.
- Only later Scroll down to your phone and tap Face ID & Passcode desire.
- Face ID lets you have two faces or looks; If you’ve only added one, tap Reset Face ID
Steps for Touch ID iPhone –
- First, Go to settings.
- Tap On that day Touch ID and Passcode.
- You will View all fingerprints You added
- Remove unrecognized fingerprints By tapping on them Name > Delete Fingerprint Or Swipe left to delete Fingerprint.
#3. Enable two-factor authentication
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your device.
With this feature enabled, no one can sign in to your Apple ID without a verification code, even if they have a password. A verification code will automatically be displayed on your trusted device.
By default, this feature is enabled; If you’ve disabled it, here’s how to enable two-factor authentication on your device.
Step 1 – Go to Settings > Your Name > Password & Security or tap Sign-in & Security
Step 2 – Enable two-factor authentication and follow the on-screen instructions
#4. Delete apps you haven’t downloaded from the App Store
It is important…
Review all apps installed on your device and see if apps are not installed in the App Store. Or search for apps you haven’t installed.
Viruses and malware in apps installed from unknown sources can seriously damage your privacy. If you have such apps on your iPhone, uninstall them and their files.
Always download apps from verified sources or only download from the App Store.
#5. Delete unknown configuration profiles
Finally, delete the unknown configuration profiles.
The school or workplace establishes configuration profiles to connect to the corporate or school network. You may have such profiles installed on your device.
However, if there are any unknown configuration profiles, you should delete them immediately.
To check the configuration profiles running on your device – Go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management.
Now, check the profiles; If there are any unauthorized profiles, delete them. Note that deleting a profile will delete all data associated with that profile.
Related – 10 Easy Fixes for iPhone That Can’t Make or Receive Calls
FAQ: How to tell if someone is accessing your iPhone remotely
No, even if someone has your Apple ID, they won’t be able to see your messages because they’re only visible on your device. However, they can send messages or iMessage using your Apple ID. So, they can receive messages on their device.
Here are some tips that one can follow to protect their device
1. First, you can Enable two-factor authentication on your compatible iPhone.
2. Always Download apps, files or photos from verified sources Or just from the App Store.
3. Software upgrade Your device.
4. Check if your passwords have been leaked In data leakage. Tap Settings > Passwords > Security recommendations > Change passwords found in data leak.
In this article, we have seen how to find out if someone is accessing your iPhone remotely. How to stop access to your iPhone However, if you are still confused, we recommend contacting Apple Support for personal assistance.
That’s it for this article; You can download the Apple Support app and tap the button below to schedule a call; Thanks for reading!